- Choose an Art Song if you are one of my university opera students.
- If you are not one of my university students the key is to choose a song that doesn’t belong to a bigger work of music. With this project, we are learning how to tell a story with our body of the course of one songs worth of time in a more confined performance space.
- Go through the process as outlined in Days 1-3 of this course.
- The goal of this project is to perform this version as if it is part of a recital or concert. Essentially you will be taking your fully staged version and eliminating props, costumes, set pieces, and shrinking your stage to the circle your arm span makes if you hold your arms out straight from your sides and turn 360 degrees in place.
- Perform in Class what you have prepared.
- You will be graded as follows:
__/100 Performance Project 4 : Art Song Concert Version
__/10 Visual Research
__/20 WWWWW Research (Including who am I paper for character)
__/20 Marked Up Score 2.0 (Including Monologue written in)
__/20 Monologue Performance (Graded on application of what is has been taught so far and Believability, Clarity, Variety, Repeatability)
__/30 Sung Performance (Graded on application of what is has been taught so far and Believability, Clarity, Variety, Repeatability)